1/22/13

I can't practice if my fingers are frozen!

(Go Sloan Stevens!)

It has gotten COLD, and the forecast for the next few days isn't much warmer. We're supposed to get some serious snow on Friday, which will be AWESOME. :)

Today was a wonderful day! Accompanied by my friend, Kristina, who just returned from a quick trip to Peru(!!!), we went to the Guggenheim for the Picasso Black and White exhibit which is ending on Wednesday (yep, that's 4 of 6 temporary exhibits. I'm lagging on this goal a bit...). It was really well done. We got to see a lot of paintings, sketches, and sculptures. I really enjoyed it!

This was on the ground floor of the museum. Quite the intro, huh? :) 
The Guggenheim is so super.
Afterwards, we went to East Williamsburg for some serious dinner at Roberta's!!!!!!!!!!! I remember being pumped the first time I read about this place in a New York Times review. Kristina has a bit of a bucket list of things to do in the greater New York City area, and she had suggested that we go. We were instantly smitten. We were really hungry by the time we arrived, and the place smelled amazingly delicious. We shared some pizzas (They have one called "Errryday I'm Brusselin'") and a very decadent frozen chocolate mousse with roasted chestnuts. It was a very filling and luxurious meal. I'm so glad to have gone!

(I apologize for this month's blurry or not-so-level photos. The blurriness is an iPhone issue...and Its a bit harder than I thought to be incognito about taking photos. One of these days, I'll be shameless about being a snapper. haha!)

It looks like Sloan is losing some juice against Serena....There's still time though. 

So, Mitch might be making it over to New Zealand. WOIEDNQSKJNDLAKSUDLWKJNELQIJGN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment