5/13/12

Seven hours outside: Summer is here, indeed!

One of the best places on earth: Toronto
Minhee, looking très chic

Two weeks ago, my baby sister opened her first solo art show in Toronto! Her paintings played with Little Red Riding Hood, in all of its eerie darkness. The show was beautifully done, and despite the stress and logistics involved with any gallery space and art shows, we all had a great time - with lots of snacks, music, and friends. Dearest Mindy, I'm proud of you!

Well, to kickoff the summer: My girl, Nicole, got married yesterday! She looked great, the reception was adorable, the music was so fun and creative, and the food was awesome (...and dessert, pistachio and raspberry cake?). Also, what a great day for a wedding - the weather couldn't have been better! It was great to be at a mini-reunion of friends and to celebrate Nicole and her new hubby. And! I got to take a mason jar full of peonies home! :D I'm such a sucker.

Yes, that is a mariachi band! We were eating the most delicious tacos while the sombrero-ed man with the strings and trumpet accompaniment serenaded the guests! ...awesome.
The view of the 'Freedom' Tower and other downtown buildings from the wedding venue in SoHo. 

After a lovely evening of friends, food, music, and good times all around, Mitch left for New Hampshire this morning (maybe he'll tell y'all about it soon?). It hit me that this summer's irregular calendar starts today, which means lots of time apart...as well as together, but these two things, in the extreme. Although I knew it all along, I was sort of dumb about wishing him a good trip. So - after a week of work, graduation (aka commencement) and related festivities, and my cousin's visit, I'll be making my way into the innards of New England. Let the summer begin! 

P.S. As an effort to properly inaugurate the summer, I sat outside and ate at Habana Outpost with a girlfriend today! It is home to this famous bathroom! It's a Fort Greene fixture, and I can't wait for their Sunday night, open-air movies!   

No comments:

Post a Comment