1/14/13

Two Days in Queens

Day 1 in Astoria:
I met Jacquie (who I don't see enough!!) in Astoria, at the Queens Kickshaw (café 2 of 4), which was the loveliest place. I hadn't seen her since the fall, so we had a lot of ground to cover. And then, we went to the Museum of Moving Image (really cool theater!) for a screening of short films by Kleber Mendonça...which was interesting...

Day 2 in Long Island City:
Astoria wasn't enough of Queens, so the next day I went to the MoMA: PS1 museum of contemporary art. They have a fantastic exhibit called "Now Dig This! Art and Black Los Angeles 1960-1980", and I really enjoyed it (temporary exhibit number 3 of 6!!). Its the best exhibit I've seen in a long while.
This is the outside of the museum. The brick building is an old school, which is why its called P.S. 1. :) Really neat!
 And then, I went home...
And I took the subway home from 21st Street, and it was possibly the saddest station that I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment